Sunday 27 July 2008

Barbeque at the Common

This Saturday, a group of us came to the park eager and ready to love and connect with people. We cooked up some burgers and invited everyone at the park to hang out and grab some free food. I invited three young guys who just finished college to have a burger and hang out with me, and ended up spending an hour with them. We kicked a football around and got to chat about their lives. One of the guys said, "i just can't believe anyone would come out here and do something for anyone other than them self!" They were touched by the genuine love shown and asked me a ton of questions about God. I shared how amazing God has been to me and the love He has for them. They were very open, and i pray that God will bring them into His family.

We also met a man from Longbeach who has been looking for a church to go to. He came to church this Sunday and really felt at home.

No comments: