Saturday 16 February 2008

Valentines Day! True Love

Love is in the air ;o)  In the morning, a group of us went out fully loaded with chocolates, hearts, and valentines day cards to spread the true love of God on campus.  You could tell it really made peoples days to receive a gift in the morning, and for them to hear that God loves them so much that He sent Jesus into the world for us to have life.  I spent the rest of the day meeting new students who came into the tent, sharing the gospel outside and getting to know the students from the Christian union.  

In the evening, we had another free meal for international students, followed by a message about Jesus and the movie "Love Actually."  I sat down with a group from Germany on an exchange program for the year.  They really opened up and shared their experiences of being away from home, their hopes and plans for the future, and their beliefs about God.  One girl named Steph stayed after to listen to the message, even though the rest of her friends left.  She asked me questions the entire time about how God changed my life, what my friends thought when I gave my life to Jesus, what i want to do with my life.  She grew up going to Christian youth groups, but it never clicked with her heart.  After the talk she left to meet with her friends, but i know God touched her heart and that His word never returns void.  

No comments: